Frenkee’s basic medical insurance – urgent care
for foreigners in the Czech Republic
The basic medical insurance for foreigners package covers urgent medical care for a 90-day stay in the Czech Republic. Want to be covered for more health care situations? Consider choosing a comprehensive health insurance package for foreigners.
- Suitable for 90-day stays and shorter.
- The best insurance for foreigners from trusted companies.
- With electronic signature for applying online.
- Valid in the whole Schengen area.
- Quick online arrangement and immediately valid.
Basic medical insurance for foreigners vs. Comprehensive health insurance for foreigners
Frenkee and his partners have designed 2 health insurance packages pro foreigners in the Czech Republic: Basic medical insurance for foreigners and comprehensive health insurance for foreigners, the latter offering you preventive care programs, dental care and basic medical services throughout the Schengen area.
Compare the 2 health care packages for foreigners.
Basic medical insurance
Basic medical attention for a stay in the Czech Republic not exceeding 90 days.
This insurance covers:
- urgent care
- medicine prescriptions
- urgent dental care
- transportation to medical facility
- repatriation to home country
- 24/7 assistance service
You’ll have to pay for:
- preventive care
- institutional care
- vaccination of child patients
- psychiatric and psychological care
- treatment of hepatitis or HIV/AIDS
- treatment of congenital defects and chronic diseases
- organ transplantation, hemophilia treatment, insulinotherapy and hemodialysis
3 simple steps and you’re insured
Pick the right package
Fill in some details
Make a payment and you’re set
Who must arrange commercial health insurance in the Czech Republic?
Those who are not EU citizens and apply for a Czech visa or residence permit for 90 days or more. If you need a visa, you must arrange comprehensive insurance with Všeobecná zdravotní pojišťovna. We will be happy to help you with that as well, if you write to us at email@example.com.
Stays not exceeding 90 days can be covered by normal travel insurance or basic medical insurance for foreigners, alternatively by a comprehensive health insurance package for foreigners, that will equip you with the broadest medical coverage except for care during pregnancy.
- The basic medical care package will pay for your acute treatment.
- Comprehensive insurance for foreigners also covers preventive care and non-acute treatment.
- Covers emergency medical care throughout the Schengen area for a max. 30-day stay.
- Comprehensive health care si comparable to the public health care system.
- Frenkee’s partners form a strong international network to support you anywhere.
- Arrangable online and immediately valid.
- Insurance companies with their own doctors.
- Consult acute medical problems by phone with telemedical services.
- Basic medical insurance for foreigners in the Czech Republic – Urgent care
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a long-term and permanent stay?Show answer
A long-term stay is for third country nationals that wish to stay longer than 6 months in the Czech Republic. A permanent stay permit can be obtained by foreigners that have lived continuously in the Czech Republic for the past 5 years making use of a long-term stay permit or other forms of residence permit as stated by the law.
What are contractual or participating medical facilities and how do I get their address?Show answer
Medical facilities that have a cooperation contract with a specific health insurance company. The facilities that cooperate with your health insurance company are the ones you should contact in the first place in case of need. You will get a list of them with your insurance contract and can ask for more info when contacting the assistance helpline of your insurance company.
Which countries are currently in the EU?Show answer
Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Romania, Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Where can I find offices of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic?
What data are part of the records of employees from the EU?Show answer
For EU citizens, this information is: identification data, permanent address, current delivery address, travel document number and name of the authority issuing it, type of work, place of performance and time during which you plan to employ this person, gender, day the commencement and termination of employment.