Comprehensive health insurance for foreigners: The best choice for any type and lenght of stay
If you don’t qualify for the public health care system, comprehensive health insurance for foreigners is the next best option.
This insurance covers:
- preventive care
- diagnostic care
- ambulatory care
- preventive care to avoid chronic disease
- institutional care
- transportation medicine prescriptions
- pregnancy and childbirth care
- 24/7 assistance service
3 simple steps and you’re insured
Pick the right package
Fill in some details
Make a payment and you’re set
Who must arrange commercial health insurance in the Czech Republic?
Those who are not EU citizens and apply for a Czech visa or residence permit for 90 days or more.
Stays not exceeding 90 days can be covered by normal travel insurance or basic medical insurance for foreigners, alternatively by a comprehensive health insurance package for foreigners, that will equip you with the broadest medical coverage including care during pregnancy. Basic medical insurance for foreigners is also suitable if you’re applying for a long-term residence permit outside the Czech Repubic.
- When applying for a long-term residence permit or prolonging your 90-day visa while already in the Czech Republic, you must arrange comprehensive health care for foreigners.
- Both basic and comprehesive medical care packages comply with the Czech law.
Benefits of the comprehensive health care package.
- Covers emergency medical care throughout the Schengen area for a max. 30-day stay.
- Comprehensive health care si comparable to the public health care system.
- Frenkee’s partners form a strong international network to support you anywhere.
- Special packages for mothers to be and children.
- Insurance companies with their own doctors.
- Consult acute medical problems by phone with telemedical services.
- Insurance Conditions
- Comprehensive health insurance for foreigners in the Czech Republic
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a long-term and permanent stay?A long-term stay is for third country nationals that wish to stay longer than 6 months in the Czech Republic. A permanent stay permit can be obtained by foreigners that have lived continuously in the Czech Republic for the past 5 years making use of a long-term stay permit or other forms of residence permit as stated by the law.
What are contractual or participating medical facilities and how do I get their address?Medical facilities that have a cooperation contract with a specific health insurance company. The facilities that cooperate with your health insurance company are the ones you should contact in the first place in case of need. You will get a list of them with your insurance contract and can ask for more info when contacting the assistance helpline of your insurance company.
Which countries are currently in the EU?Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Romania, Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Where can I find offices of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic?A list of offices and branches can be found on their official website.
What data are part of the records of employees from the EU?For EU citizens, this information is: identification data, permanent address, current delivery address, travel document number and name of the authority issuing it, type of work, place of performance and time during which you plan to employ this person, gender, day the commencement and termination of employment.