Frenkee Comprehensive Health Insurance
for foreigners in the Czech Republic
Comprehensive insurance for foreigners offers the widest coverage of medical expenses that you as a foreigner can use in the Czech Republic.
- The widest possible coverage of healthcare for foreigners.
- Including preventive programs.
- Extensive network of contracted doctors.
- Without participation
- Valid throughout Schengen.
- Quick online application and immediate coverage. Ideal for online submissions at government offices.
Comprehensive insurance for foreigners: The best choice for stays in the Czech Republic up to 90 days
If you are not entitled to public health insurance, comprehensive health insurance for foreigners gives you the widest possible protection in case of illness, injury and prevention for up to 90 days from entering the Czech Republic.
The insurance includes:
- preventive care
- diagnostic care
- outpatient care
- dispensary care for patients with chronic conditions
- Institutional and medical care
- Emergency services
- Transport of patient and provision of ambulatory prescribed medications
- repatriation of the insured person
- 24/7 assistance service
3 simple steps and you're insured
Choose the right insurance
A few details about you
You pay and you're immediately insured
Who must have insurance for foreigners in the Czech Republic?
You must provide commercial health insurance for foreigners if you are not a citizen of an EU country and are applying for a visa or residence permit in the Czech Republic. Frenkeeho offers meet the requirements of Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Stay of Foreigners in the Territory of the Czech Republic, and they are recognized by the Ministry of the Interior and the Foreign Police of the Czech Republic.
For stays up to 90 days, you can also arrange standard travel insurance or urgent care insurance for foreigners, or comprehensive health insurance. The latter option ensures the maximum scope of care covered by your policy, excluding care for pregnant individuals. Expectant mothers can choose a special insurance program that protects both the mother and the child.
The insurance covers liability
- The Urgent Care package covers the costs of emergency care.
- Comprehensive insurance for foreigners also covers preventive care and non-acute treatment.
- Comprehensive health insurance provides coverage comparable to public health insurance in the Czech Republic.
- Frenkels' partners for foreigner insurance form a strong and reliable worldwide network.
- Possibility of online registration with immediate effect.
- Insurance companies have their own networks of doctors and medical centers, which continue to expand.
- You can consult acute cases over the phone thanks to assistance services.
Terms and conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a long-term and permanent stay?Show answerA long-term stay is for third country nationals that wish to stay longer than 6 months in the Czech Republic. A permanent stay permit can be obtained by foreigners that have lived continuously in the Czech Republic for the past 5 years making use of a long-term stay permit or other forms of residence permit as stated by the law.
What are contractual or participating medical facilities and how do I get their address?Show answerMedical facilities that have a cooperation contract with a specific health insurance company. The facilities that cooperate with your health insurance company are the ones you should contact in the first place in case of need. You will get a list of them with your insurance contract and can ask for more info when contacting the assistance helpline of your insurance company.
Which countries are currently in the EU?Show answerBelgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Romania, Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Where can I find offices of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic?
What data are part of the records of employees from the EU?Show answerFor EU citizens, this information is: identification data, permanent address, current delivery address, travel document number and name of the authority issuing it, type of work, place of performance and time during which you plan to employ this person, gender, day the commencement and termination of employment.